Friday, June 12, 2015

This is my second draft?  Anything I should change?

Karl Rodriguez
English 201
Week 5
Email (Draft 2)
To: Oliver Walker
From: Edward “Karl” Rodriguez
Subject: Photography Student Looking To Interview You For A Project

Mr. Walker, my name is Edward Rodriguez, but I go by “Karl.”  I am a student studying Professional Photography at Brooks Institute in Ventura, California and my goal is to become a concert photographer.  I have been following you for a long time on Instagram.  I am a big fan of your photography.  I know that there are a few different concert photographers in the L.A. area, but in my opinion, you are at the top of the list.  The images that you produce are breathtaking, and give me a feeling that I was at the show, even though I normally am not.

I am taking an English class here at Brooks Institute, and my assignment is to interview a person that is in the field of photography that I am interested in.  I would like to interview you, if possible, about how you were able to get into taking photos for Goldenvoice, KROQ, and all of the other businesses that you get to shoot for.  I am also interested in what exactly you are trying to communicate to your viewers when you shoot your subjects.  For instance, one question I have is: Who was your inspiration for getting into photography, and specifically concert photography?  I have a few more questions for you, and was wondering if I would be able to meet with you on a day between June 25 and July 1.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.  Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Edward “Karl” Rodriguez


IG: karlk314

No comments:

Post a Comment