Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Email (Draft 1)

Email (Draft 1)
To: Oliver Walker
From: Edward “Karl” Rodriguez
Subject: I am a beginner photographer, and I am interested in interviewing you for a class project.

            Mr. Oliver Walker, my name is Edward Rodriguez, but I go by “Karl.”  I am a student studying professional photography at Brooks Institute in Ventura, California.  My goal is to be a concert photographer.  I have been following you for a long time on Instagram.  I am a big fan of your photography.  I know that there are a few different concert photographers in the L.A. area, but in my opinion, you are at the top of the list.  The images that you produce are breathtaking, and give me a feeling that I was at the show, even though I normally am not.  I can tell that you take your photography very serious, and that you do a phenomenal job.  When I view your images, I can almost feel the emotion that the singer/ artist is trying to get across.  Even though they are singing to the audience, I feel like they are singing to me.
            Anyway, I am taking an English class here at Brooks, and my assignment is to interview a person that is in the field that I would like to get into.  I would like to interview you if that is possible.  I am interested in how you were able to get into taking photos for Goldenvoice, KROQ, and all of the other businesses that you get to shoot for.  I am also interested in what exactly you are trying to communicate to your viewers when you shoot your subjects.  Who was, if anybody, your inspiration for getting into photography, and specifically concert photography?  I have a bunch of other questions for you, and was wondering if I would be able to meet with you on a day between ________ and ________.  Please let me know at your earliest convenience.  I am extremely interested in you and your photography.  You are an inspiration, and I hope that I can get the chance to interview you.  Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Edward “Karl” Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment