Tuesday, May 19, 2015

About Me

“About Me”

            My birth name is Edward Rodriguez.  I was born on March 14, 1981.  I was adopted at birth and given a different name.  My adopted name is Karl Kaiser.  Since I grew up with the name of Karl, that’s what I’m used to.  Once I started to get old enough that, for legal reasons, I had to start going by my birth name of Edward Rodriguez, I still went by Karl.  That’s when people started referring to me as Karl Rodriguez.  It’s all very complicated.  A lot of things in my family are complicated.  I am the youngest of 14 children.  There are 7 boys and 7 girls.  I know that a lot of people will be very surprised when they hear that.  It’s a large number.  This is how that breaks down.  My dad had 2 boys and 2 girls with his ex wife.  My mom had 3 boys and 1 girl with her ex husband.  When they married each other, it was like a “Brady Bunch” family with 8 kids.  When they were married to each other, they adopted 2 boys and 4 girls.  That makes up my big family of 14 kids. 

            I’ve lived in Long Beach, California my entire life until moving to Ventura just after New Years Day this year.  I love my city more than most things in this world.  It’s weird to people outside of Long Beach to understand, but believe me when I say that people from Long Beach have a lot of pride.  Long Beach is a big city with a lot going on all of the time.  You have many neighborhoods that are very old, and a lot of families that have lived in Long Beach for generations going way back to before it was incorporated in 1897.  If you have never been there, I highly recommend it.  You can ask me, and I can try to help you find something fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment